Tethering that confuses AT&T or will I be caught?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leons, Oct 19, 2011.

1. leons macrumors 6502

I bought a (now JB) Iphone 4 on eBay. I took the micro-sim (with original Unlimited Data Plan active), out of my Ipad and put it in my new Iphone. (I DON'T need phone calls, ONLY data).

Here's my question: If I run MyWi 4.0 to tether my Iphone to my Ipad when I need it, will AT&T know? Will they care?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So far there isnt anything that confuses AT&T or doesnt eventually get caught by their unauthorized tethering system.
    Its up to you if you want to risk it.

3. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

But I will only be using the device that has unlimited data anyway. Why should they care?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. The LPT, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

The LPT macrumors regular

You might not get noticed if you are just tethering to another IOS device. Since you can use almost all the same apps on your iPad as you can on your iPhone. They might just assume you are using your phone.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Sigh - this has only been discussed dozens of times on this forum and there's a huge thread about it in which everyone and their brother offered an opinion why ATT cares. The net of it? Why they should care or not is irrelevant. It's part of the contract you signed. Comply with it or suffer the consequence if you get caught.

7. bachelier macrumors member

here's a good way to find out. link