Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
I can use Bluetooth to sharing internet connection with the windows mobile device but i wanna know how to connect with USB cable so that i can turn off bluetooth and my battery won't drain faster.

Thanks

hamish5178

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Newark, DE
I also have an HTC touch, and was wondering if there was any way to access the files on it via USB an my MBP.

Or do I just need to get a memory card that I can then put in the computer?

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
I also have an HTC touch, and was wondering if there was any way to access the files on it via USB an my MBP.

just select disk mode instead of activesync when you plug it in.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006

Does the HTC Touch take microSD cards? I don't know anything about this particular model of phone, but my guess is that you need to make sure that it is in disk mode, as almostinsane noted. I believe, but am not positive, that you will only be able to access files on a flash memory card inserted into the phone. There is no need to install any software.

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
When I plug it in the computer shows no sign of recognizing it. Do I need to install the software it came with (I assumed it wouldn't work on a mac)?

No, on the phone it should pop up asking if you want it in activesync or target disk mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.