Tethering?

note235

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Currently I have a JB iPhone 4S on AT&T
It's been a while since I considered tethering on it but I was wondering what a good Cydia app would be for thus and if AT&T still sends you the messages and cuts you off? Thanks!

Brett0712

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
It's up to you... If you tether, you're probably going to get a notice...

I tethered very infrequently over the past couple of years (only when I needed to) and have always said, if you don't go crazy, you'll be fine... Well, I didn't over-do it, and I still got a notice the other day.

So, take it for what it is...

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
It's up to you... If you tether, you're probably going to get a notice...

I tethered very infrequently over the past couple of years (only when I needed to) and have always said, if you don't go crazy, you'll be fine... Well, I didn't over-do it, and I still got a notice the other day.

So, take it for what it is...
Depends on who your carrier is, as i've stated in other threads, I have Sprint and used to use about 20gb a month, for about 2 years, never heard a peep.

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
I use tethering and have not gotten a notice, I rarely use it though unless I absolutely have to.As stated some folks over do it, i personally have only tethered once since I installed the tweak.