iPhone TetherMe iPhone 5 not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kadsl, Feb 9, 2013.

1. kadsl macrumors newbie

I've tried reinstalling, trying every combination of settings, erasing my phone's settings, both network and all, and still cannot get TetherMe to work. It worked once, right after I installed it the first time. And ideas?

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

3. kadsl thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried both through TetherMe settings and the tethering settings that are under general>cellular and under Bluetooth on the settings main page, I've also tried using the NCSettings toggle.

4. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

Same thing has happened to me. It worked once right after I installed it, and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

5. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

6. bmw000 macrumors member

it works for me via bluetooth only. not wi-fi. just tells me it can't join the network.

7. kadsl thread starter macrumors newbie

What tweaks do you have installed other than TetherMe? Maybe we can figure out which tweak is causing this, if any.

8. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Why installing tether me if you can do it with the internet sharing feature under settings? Is that faster?

9. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Mine works USB, BT, and WiFi.

For reference I have loaded:

Auxo
    aeycon theme
    iFile
    IntelliScreenX 6
    iRealSMS 3.0
    MobileTerminal
    PkgBackup
    Springtomize 2
    TetherMe
    Winterboard
    Zephyr
    3G Unrestrictor

10. kadsl thread starter macrumors newbie

TetherMe enables that capability, we otherwise would not have it without spending a lot of extra money.

----------

Thanks!! It is much more useful, though, if someone who is having the same problems as me could post a list of their tweaks.

11. kadsl thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so I restored, rejailbroke, and reinstalled tweaks. Here are the ones I have installed now, with TetherMe working:
    Auxo
    Ayecon
    Bonjour Fix
    Browser Changer
    Bulletin
    BytaFont
    Chromizer
    FakeClockUp
    FullForce for Phone
    iFile
    Infinidock
    MobileTerminal
    NCSettings
    NCSettings ISX
    NoNewsIsGoodNews
    OpenSSH
    Springtomize 2
    TetherMe
    Torch
    Unfold
    Winterboard
    Zephyr
    %hook's law

So the problem was caused by one of these:
    Barrel
    Bars
    ChargingBackground
    Chrome Download Manager
    iCleaner
    LocallAPStore
    LowPowerBanner
    MultiIconMover
    OpenSSH
    SMSConfirmation
    WiFi Passwords
    xCon
    Zeppelin

12. bmw000 macrumors member

My tweaks installed are as follows:
    Lockinfo 5
    TetherMe
    iFile
    Barrel
    Browser Changer
    Springtomize 2
    TV Tube Sleep
    Cascade
    SBSettings
    Mobile Terminal

13. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Tetherme is working on my iP5 with most of the tweaks you mentioned that you DO have installed. Wish I could help eliminate something from the list that ARE suspect, but I have none of them installed. So your suggestion that it's one of those apps above seems reasonable.

So now you have to wait for responses from those who DO have one of the above tweaks installed but still have Tetherme working properly. I am now a bit afraid to install any of these tweaks because I use tethering just about every day and really don't want to restore, etc.

14. kadsl thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. So for that reason, after every tweak I install now, I test tethering right away. But I'm not going to continue on testing tweaks anymore just to see. I'll let you guys know, though, if I do ever end up finding out which are the ones that messed it up before.

15. Ensaladin macrumors newbie

I was having the same problem, I had LocalIAPStore tweak installed, when I see the list that you guys was posting, I deleted it.

Now works! Thanks guys!

16. ynotrhyme macrumors member

ynotrhyme

I have same problem now. Updated a few apps from Cydia on both phones then switched SIM cards and now my ip5 won't connect but the 6+ does still connect. I've removed a lot of Cydia apps and nothing still. Any help guys? Thanks

17. en0dna macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem for the past month on my iPhone 6. Is was working then one day it stopped. It broadcast a signal but my phone won't connect. Any help would be appreciated and I didn't install any new tweaks or apps

18. ynotrhyme macrumors member

ynotrhyme

Try rebooting both phones and then your gonna broadcast the tethering from cccontrols . Let me know

19. en0dna macrumors newbie

Thanks I tried rebooting it, reinstalling the tetherme, resetting the cell phone network but it has not worked. It is able to broadcast the connection but then it says no internet access and my iphone does not flash blue like it normal does when it connects.