Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
So - the tetherme app (build 1.3-4) says:

"Disable editing of Cellular Data Network if you have a mobileconfig profile installed. This was causing Settings.app to crash, and (unconfirmed) causing some settings from the mobileconfig to not be loaded properly."

I am having the problem where settings crashes with tetherme installed.

Where do I find a "mobileconfig profile" and how does one disable the editing of the Cellular Data Network?

ryno2292

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
Sorry I can't answer your question but I did update TetherMe this afternoon and it's no longer working for me. Now when I go to Settings/General to turn on internet tethering all I get is the standard Setup Internet Tethering option, there is no on/off anymore. Not sure whats going on.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I have uninstalled teherme. I will reinstall and see if it still works.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
The language you quote applies only to people who have previously installed a mobileconfig file. Have you?
Not that I know of. I am just trying to troubleshoot this thing.

And I can't even get tetherme to run since I do not have a tether toggle in SBSettings, and Settings does not work to allow me to turn tethering on (and you can't turn it on when tetherme is not installed since that will trigger the AT$T request for payment).

Sorry - you can turn on tethering when tetherme is not installed, and it does not prompt AT$T for their payment. However after turning on tethering then reinstalling tetherme the settings app still crashes, and tetherme did not recognize that tethering was turned on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.