TetherMe/Native thethering issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gngan, Nov 18, 2010.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Whenever i use native thether, a blue bar will show up on top of the screen telling me that i am tethering. However, when i make a call then a green bar will show up. Does that mean i can't tether when i am calling? I remember using MyWii and the green bar and blue bar will show up together. Also, the '3G' word would disappear.

Not sure if any one is experiencing this. I JB with Limera1n.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're on 3G you can tether and talk on the phone. The beauty of gsm:)

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Yep, this will be the problem with a potential CDMA iPhone. If you tether, people will get tossed straight to voicemail.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

both should work at the same time, mine keeps the connection to my mac while I am also talking on the phone...

5. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Important point. AT&T uses GSM which allows data and voice at the same time. Verizon uses CDMA which does not allow this.

6. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

I've got another question. I tried to use USB native tethering with my new PC but my iphone doesn't show up the "blue bar" on top. I have iTunes open. Is there anything that needs to be set up in order to use it?

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

More likely your connection will die for a moment while you answer the call.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your data transmission will stop while you're using voice or on a call. As soon as you hang up you can then start pulling carrier data again. Voice will always come first and pause all data transfers to give priority to the calls.

9. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

back to the green bar issue...mine only has the green bar when I am on the phone and I want to do something else like look up an app, text, email, etc. then I press the green bar and Im back to the phone screen and the green bar is gone. this even happens when Im tethering...