TetherMe "network cable unplugged"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CoachStall, Feb 9, 2011.

1. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

So i have installed TetherMe, rebooted as required, and have run into a problem.

When i connect via USB to my computer (WIN XP), I then look at "Network Connections" found in the Control Panel.

It shows up as a "Local Area Connection" where the status says "Network Cable Unplugged". The comp recognizes that it is an "Apple Mobile Device Ethernet".

I'm not sure what i'm missing, can someone help?

Thank you

2. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Did you turn on Internet Tethering within your iphone? I get the same thing on my MBP but when I turn on Internet Tethering then I get the option to turn on BT or USB.

3. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Yes, I have enabled tethering through both the settings page (I select USB) and through SBsettings. And I double checked to make sure I installed the correct SBsettings toggle :)

But instill need help :-(

4. jskipIphone macrumors newbie

BUMP - Same problem here

I have the same issue... Win7 recognized iphone tethering.. but leaves it in a state of 'network cable unplugged'... any ideas?

5. thespazz macrumors 6502a

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

iTunes needs to be installed, so the drivers will be present, but doesnt have to be open every time you tether. It might be helpful to have it open the first time. Also, WinXP is the worst, get rid of that pig already.

7. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Yep, there's no reason (other than legacy hardware) not to have Windows 7 installed. By far an amazing experience.

8. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Thanks I'll try having iTunes opened up first.

Like my great grand-daddy said, "Haters gonna hate!"