Text Alerts on Phone While Watch is Connected

Xemanx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2015
anyone else having a problem when their watch is connected to their iPhone it's not lighting up or making sound when reciving text message? When I disconnect watch no problem lighting up and sound but when watch is connected no sound not lighting up... Thanks.

Jack426

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
anyone else having a problem when their watch is connected to their iPhone it's not lighting up or making sound when reciving text message? When I disconnect watch no problem lighting up and sound but when watch is connected no sound not lighting up... Thanks.
This is the way Apple designed it. If your watch is unlocked (on your wrist), you will only be alerted on it. (Unless it's a phone call, in which case both your watch and phone will alert you.) Otherwise, your phone will notify you like normal.

This way you avoid having all of your devices ringing/pinging/vibrating for every notification.

Xemanx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2015
This is the way Apple designed it. If your watch is unlocked (on your wrist), you will only be alerted on it. (Unless it's a phone call, in which case both your watch and phone will alert you.) Otherwise, your phone will notify you like normal.

This way you avoid having all of your devices ringing/pinging/vibrating for every notification.
Thanks!

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Wish it was both. That way you can pick what works best for you.
Yeah. I agree. It's why I'm thinking about returning the watch. I have my phone in front of me so often that I could just look down at the screen and see the notification. Now the phone stays dark with the watch connected.