Text Back Up & Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KazuSnow, Jul 3, 2010.

1. KazuSnow macrumors regular

KazuSnow

I want a way to back up and restore my text messages onto my iPhone 3GS but not by iTunes backing up and restoring in the normal way, any suggestions?

Why? - I was having major reception issues (AU) Apple have replaced the phone however issues still remain, it is not my service provider and apple are suggesting a corrupt back up - start as new phone = no reception issues any more, long story short they want me to restore the phone and set it up as new - happy to do this however I dont want to loose all my text messages.

I have done my own (novice) research and have been lucky enough to find (to what I can tell) that text are kept in the back up file "3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 " - would it be as simple as setting the phone up as new then doing a back up and then replacing the file?

or does any one know of a program that could extract and then place it all back again>?

thanks

2. KrazzyTako macrumors newbie

Lol

Wow I was about to post this very same topic lol... I got the same problem :/ I gotta do a clean new backup cause my backup is corrupted and I also don't wanna lose all my SMS... So ya I second this topic since I have the same problem lol.. Help please!

3. KazuSnow thread starter macrumors regular

KazuSnow

If only they didnt code the back up! haha make things a lot easier when their products fail!

4. bushbaby macrumors 6502a

bushbaby

Same issue here. Subscribing to thread to find out answer.

5. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I was looking for an answer for this for EVER, and I just stumbled upon PhoneView.

I downloaded it literally two minutes ago, so I'm not sure if it works. But, if it does, it does everything, including give you access to your phone and save messages to your Mac!

Hope this is what you guys were looking for.

6. KazuSnow thread starter macrumors regular

KazuSnow

i want to not only take the messages off the fone but then put only the messages back after a restore - so the fone software is all new not from a back up