Text Convos Remain on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blairh, Aug 14, 2015.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

The text conversations that I have on my iPhone that are deleted by me are not reflected on my Watch. The conversation remains on the Watch. I have messages set to 'custom' in settings. Is that the issue?

When I delete a convo from my iPhone I expect it to be reflected on my Watch.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Yeah, the developers did not think of that. There is no easy to get rid of old message threads on the watch.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I find this bizarre.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

You can delete them one at a time by sweeping from right-to-left on each message. Then it is two touches after that. It is an asinine interface.

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Deleting messages on your phone will not delete them on your watch. I have to manually delete text messages from my phone, iPad, watch, mac book and iMac. Its a pain but thats the way it is

6. papbot macrumors 6502

That has always annoyed me a little but I've also thought that there would be times I would be glad that I still had a message I could check on one device even though I'd deleted it on another.

However with the watch being so tied to the phone and the method of deletion on the watch requiring several extra steps it doesn't seem logical to be set up this way. Either make it easier to clear them or have them cleared when you do so on the phone.

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

8. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I don't think this is a bug. This is how all the other devices behave. The messages on the watch are stored in the watch not from the phone.

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Not fixed on beta 5 of os2 and I really don't mind swiping once to delete an entire conversation though I agree with those that want it to delete if you delete on the phone. Especially as it is worded to mirror.

Minor annoyance to me but I can see others hating it.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's always been that way even between Messages on the Mac and iPhone so there's no reason to expect differently on the Watch.

Perhaps we'll get syncing across the board in the future.