Text cursor missing

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Ksprs, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Ksprs macrumors newbie

image.png

Hi, as title says, when I try to edit text by pressing screen (magnifying glass) cursor doesn't appear and I can't select pricise location in the word that I want to edit. Not sure how to turn it on, help?

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

3. Ksprs thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have, no improvement, it selects whole word rather then give me cursor.

4. Swampbaby985 macrumors member

Swampbaby985

I thought that was an iPad only feature? I know I've seen a few times when I'd select a word on my iPhone and wouldn't get the pop up bubbles showing "select, select all, paste."

5. Ksprs thread starter macrumors newbie

pop up bubbles appear just fine, I can 'select' and 'select all'. What I'm talking about is little 'l' cursor thing that lets you place it in-between letters so you can edit part of the word rather than deleting whole word and typing again.

6. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

OP, mine does this too on my 6+. I have not seen the cursor since 8.4.1, it makes it very difficult to select text.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do you see it as you are typing? I see mine while typing and while doing the magnified selection.

8. Ksprs thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. But the second I touch the screen it disappears and the whole word is marked as per above image.