Text editing & cleaning unwanted text

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by K3it4r0, Dec 2, 2013.

1. K3it4r0 macrumors newbie

Hi, I would like some help to find a software to deal with text.
    What I need is something that can edit and clean my text. It is quite difficult to explain, better go by examples:

It exist something like this? What I should have to learn to be able to do this kind of operations?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's a little hard to explain, but if you do a little research, Word for Mac will do this using something called a macro. It's basically a little script that will perform these tasks for you automatically...some better information here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/mac-word-help/create-run-edit-or-delete-a-macro-HA102927318.aspx

Of course, you will need to purchase Office for Mac. It's not that expensive these days....I can't think of another WP that will do this but others here may know.

3. K3it4r0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I will look into it. Other suggestions that I received are Text Edit plus & Text Wrangler, but I still have to search some documentation about it

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd forgotten about Text Wrangler, but I can't vouch for it personally..might be worth a look at though. It's bound to be cheaper than MS Office..:)

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Apps like Editorial on the iPad that support Python scripts can do this for you. I'm sure there is something similar available on the Mac.