Text I can't block?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by DomC, Oct 13, 2016.

1. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

I received a political text tonight that only showed on my phone and not on my desktop.
    Which is weird, since all texts usually come to all places.
    The text came from a number that I couldn't block. If I hit the "i" icon I saw no Block This Caller option. If I clicked on the number I had no option either.
    I've never had this happen since iOS 9 came out that I couldn't block someone.
    I ended up creating a contact with the number, then blocking the contact.
    Am I missing something?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can get the block option if you go to the info page and then tap on the number that appears at the top there.

3. DomC thread starter macrumors 6502

DomC

I did that but the block option was not there.

4. beernut macrumors 6502

Could it have been further down in the menu, below the fold?

5. DomC thread starter macrumors 6502

DomC

I scrolled the whole screen and didn't see it. That was the screen I used to add it as a contact.
    In the end I took care of the number, but it was weird not to have a block option. Have to figure this out as the election gets closer!

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

First you hit the blue "i" in the circle on the top right of the conversation page, and then on the following info page you tapped on the number that appears close to the top on the left (vs tapping on the number that appears at the top in the center on the conversation page itself)?

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/08/block-number-ios-10.html/amp

7. DomC, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

DomC thread starter macrumors 6502

DomC

That's what I did.

OK, figured out the forwarding issue. Mr. Bonehead reset his settings a couple of days ago to see how it affected his battery. Never turned on forwarding again.