text/im remaning at&t web site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DarkSideRider, Dec 3, 2008.

1. DarkSideRider macrumors newbie

hi, i have a question regarding text/im usage/remaining. i checked text/im remaining last night, and it showed 77 left. then i check it again tonight, 77 left. then i send a text/im to a friend, and then i checked it again, and it showed 74 left, not 76 left, and i am the only use this iphone, and i did not text/im for four days, so anyone has an idea of what going on here?

the summary page at at&t web site said 77 left, but ont the detail page, it said only 66 text/im used, so why the number of remaining did not match? thanks.

2. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

-1 to send
    -1 to recieve and accept to read. I think if you dont accept it, it wont count.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

How do you reject a text on the iphone?

4. specops macrumors regular

also...

the att site is behind by a couple hours i think it updates like 24 hours later.

so if it says 25 msg remaining that was about 24 hours ago it checked last.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There is no way to reject a text on the iPhone. Once it is sent to you it counts i believes.

And the AT&T website takes a few hours to update. As you can imagine, they need to track millions, and probably billions of things like this.

IM'ing doesn't count towards texting.

6. DarkSideRider thread starter macrumors newbie

guys, i am kind of lost here.
    1. i did not text/im for three days, so i think the remaining number i got is pretty up to date.
    2. i only send 1 message to friend, and he did not reply (told him do not do it). so actually i only used 1 text/im, so why i still count as used 3 text/im?

any idea is appreciated.

7. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

yea no way to reject em, if u get it, whether opened or not, it counts.

as for u missing a couple? not sure... i never try and keep track of them as i do them and check its consistency. u sure u didnt recieve any ringtone messages? MMS?(asking this because u mention IM, which IM on iphone runs through web and not messaging, so im assuming u dont have an iphone).

8. DarkSideRider thread starter macrumors newbie

i have an iPhone 3G. and i am very sure received nothing in three days.

so, if i text to people other than AT&T, it would count more or not? sorry, just a thought.

9. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

Ima text whore...I text with 9-11 people on a good day. On a slow day its with 4-6 people. The most text I ever had was 34k in one month.

10. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    no definitely not count as more. most likely just slow to update. i have had similar experiences dialing *data# (it sends you a text with your # of texts remaining)

11. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    well i hope you have unlimited :D

otherwise that's $6,800.... :)

12. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

gonna have to call BS, u might have seen your data usage at 34,000 (including web/text), but not just text... thats over 1000 texts a day. dont think the battery would even last long enough in a day lol

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

That was including received texts too, so it was probably around 17,000 texts sent.

14. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

still, way too many. maybe if i get a phone number ill check the bill and see? :D

15. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Wow...I hope you decide to actually work on your social communication skills. Otherwise, you are going to have difficulty interacting with people when you are speaking with them face to face.

16. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

BS :rolleyes: