Text/Image Scaling in Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phased, Jul 17, 2009.

1. phased macrumors member

Hi there,

New to safari.

How does one scale text and images concurrently? I only seem to be able to scale text for the moment.

I know this can be done in Mozilla. Can it not be done on Safari? I could of sworn it was possible on the display models in the Apple Store.

Many thanks!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You can scale the entire display with control+scroll wheel. I don't think you can resize web pages like you're looking for.

3. needlnerdz macrumors regular

needlnerdz

If you are using Safari 4.0 or higher you just need to press CMD + and both images and text will enlarge. Very cool new feature that surprised me when first testing it out... previous to 4.0 it would only expand the text... which is still available via the 'view' menu:

[​IMG]

[but the tip above of holding down CONTROL while two finger scrolling is useful for other programs or say, YouTube without going fullscreen]

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

:eek: I didn't notice that! Cool! So Safari 4 actually has one feature that is an improvement over Safari 3... :rolleyes:

5. phased thread starter macrumors member

Excellent. Downloaded Safari 4 - works a treat. Many thanks.

Another question - how do I fix the zoom? +1 seems to be spot on for me, and it's annoying to have to continually apply this.

(PS. Another Mac n00b question - I've connected an external (non-Apple) mouse. I have the tracking speed set to fast, as I like it, but the speed is unduly fluctuated depending on my movement. Geez, that doesn't sound right. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

As in, I move the mouse quickly and movement is super fast, and move the mouse a little slower and by comparison the movement is super slow. Checked the settings to no avail.)

Many thanks!

6. somewhatvaguely macrumors member

somewhatvaguely

To scale the whole thing, I do command - or +, smaller and larger respectively.

7. phased thread starter macrumors member

Yep, got that. What I want to do is fix that zoomed position (command +) so every page I load is at that zoom.

I know this can be done in Mozilla - can it be done in Safari 4?

Thanks again.

8. phased thread starter macrumors member