Text, Images all Smaller of Mac Browsers?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hollyw0od, Feb 12, 2010.

1. hollyw0od macrumors member

Hello,

I was wondering why all text, images, Adobe Captivate, etc. are all much smaller on mac browsers? I am a web designer and new to the mac, so not displaying an image at the correct size and so forth, is somewhat frustrating.

I realize that you can zoom in the browser, but it doesn't work for everything, not to mention that that zooming throws everything off in how it should really look.

One example is this Adobe Captivate demonstration for installing CS4 . . . it can't even be viewed it's so small.

Thanks! :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks fine to me. Try Command + "+" when you're in a browser (hold Command and "plus" at the same time) to increase the font size.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Does it look that way for every browser you try? The site looks normal to me as well.

4. hollyw0od thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it's the resolution?

The monitor is aNEC EA231WMi and supports a resolution up to 1920x1080. When I look in the display settings, here what's available:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the Captivate demonstration at 100%:

[​IMG]

And at 3x zoom:

[​IMG]

5. hollyw0od thread starter macrumors member

It's doing it in Windows, too.

So, you guys are seeing a regular sized video at this link?

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Yea, that video is very small. I'm using Firefox on XP and it's unreadable, more so than what you posted. Adobe screwed on the page with the HTML/CSS. They didn't even assign a width or height to the video, which is why it's showing so small. If you look at the source code and pull the video file you can view it in a new window at a much larger size. The above video can be seen larger here.