Text magnifier is WAY off in banners

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by eicca, Dec 8, 2016.

1. eicca macrumors 6502

eicca

See attached pictures. Using the magnifier to try and move the cursor in a quick reply banner is uselessly broken. iPhone 5, T-Mobile, 10.2b7. Anyone else having this problem?
    IMG_2723.PNG IMG_2724.PNG

2. eicca thread starter macrumors 6502

eicca

Nobody else? Come on, this is the easiest thing in the world to check.

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I think this only applies to iPhone 5 and 5C because they don't have the rich notification banners and have different bugs as a result.

4. eicca thread starter macrumors 6502

eicca

Still nobody else can spare 5 seconds to try it.

5. iOZZY macrumors member

Yes, can replicate the bug on my old iPhone 5
    --- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2016 ---
    Screenshot

Attached Files:

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I took the 30 minutes to replicate it. Old iPhone 5 was stored away, dead, in a drawer. Also had to update it to the latest iOS 10.2 beta 7, it was on beta 6.

Works fine on iPhone 7 Plus on 10.2 b7, however this phone has 3D Touch so I rarely use the magnifying glass text selection method, I use the 3D Touch keyboard cursor.

Attached Files:

7. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I've seen all kinds of oddities in quick reply

8. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah Apple screwed up big time with it. They had over 2 months of beta testing this summer and it's still a wreck... it's been a few months since release..

9. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

This and 'so much more'.. I keep seeing people make excuses for apple re coding etc but if they're cutting corners all over the place, where are the benefits?

10. eicca thread starter macrumors 6502

eicca

This is the first round of upgrades I find myself wishing I hand't done. I just don't trust them. iOS10 is frustrating me with all it's random glitchery and Sierra is a step backward in terms of speed in stability.

11. I7guy macrumors G5

So same random display glitches and "people" are making excuses?

IOS 10 out of the box is right in line with what I remember, with every IOS version back to IOS 6. The only exception was IOS 8, which to me, was the worst out of the bunch.

It's not like any software manufacturer puts out a 100% bug free first release and I don't see apple cutting any corners, only addressing various issues that have been reported.

I can't speak to the Mac side.

12. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I accept that many will not take this as meaning anything but iOS 10 has more bugs than any iOS I can remember (I've had them all). if more bugs are around because other more significant things are being prioritised, I don't see what they are (the new Apple Music? - two wrongs don't make a right)

13. I7guy macrumors G5

I dont see how this statement can be quantified with any clarity: "more bugs than any iOS....". I got that it's your opinion, but I'm not seeing anything out of line starting with iOS 5.

14. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

It can't be.
    I'd be interested to see apples bug reports for all versions, but in some respects even those don't paint a great picture

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Various people would disagree with that going back to first few months of iOS 9, 8, and 7 at least.

16. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I understand that