Text message blue/green question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProjectManager101, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

Hello

I received a message from a person this morning and we where chatting, my text were in a blue bubble and hers in a gray bubble. We finalized the conversation and after an hour I sent her a text, from there my text are in a green bubble and has written "Sent as a text message".

Why the change in colors and the message? I haven't received a reply from this person since.

I am on an iPhone iOS 8.3

Thank you.

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Blue is iMessage, green($) is SMS text message which costs money if you don't have a messaging plan. Maybe iMessage was unavailable therefore it was sent as a standard test message.

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

You can turn off sent as text so you won't use up your text plan. It's under iMessage setting.

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

It's because iMessage couldn't deliver the message so it goes to SMS. SMS will hold the message until the person gets back on the network.

5. ProjectManager101 thread starter Suspended

ProjectManager101

But was I blocked or something? I mean, is she getting my messages still? It was just an strange conversation I had with this person and I do not know her well. So call my attention that after an hour chatting now I get the other kind of bubble.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Any number of reasons could contribute to it? Her phone went out of service? Her phone died? She turned off iMessage? Etc.

I'm not sure how blocking works to be honest, so I can't comment on that.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's possible you were blocked, yes. Only you know where the conversation went, so it's really up to you to decide. You can always just send another message stating you. Prices the last one sent as a text and you wanted to make sure the individual received it.

8. ProjectManager101 thread starter Suspended

ProjectManager101

This person propose something, I told her I am not into that, and that was it. An hour later I texted her and no reply.

I mean, there was no tension in the conversation but who knows... people are such freaks now days.

9. af21187 macrumors 6502

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Yes, never mind green and blue text bubbles. What was the proposal?:D

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Text her again, say you weren't sure if you message got through because iMessage was weird.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tell her if she gets you drunk enough you "might" be into it...

13. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

14. S.T.A.R. macrumors regular

S.T.A.R.

That did it dude...

15. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

Even if she blocked you it wouldn't send as a text. It would show it got delivered but she wouldn't actually receive the message.