Text Message box not popping up after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leah2412, Aug 21, 2010.

1. leah2412 macrumors newbie

I installed Cydia on my iPhone 3 a few days ago and everything was working fine. I went ahead and added quite a few more apps from Cydia today including winterboard, iBlacklist, AptBackup, iProtect, make it mine, cydelete, recentdelete, and five column SB. After installing all of these my text message windows aren't showing up. Is this something to do with winterboard? It seems like this started happening after I started changing the themes around, but I installed them all at the same time so I can't be positive. When I get a text it will still make the sound and vibrate, but instead of the little window popping in the middle of your screen there will just be a small 1 on the top of the message icon. That's what happens when the main screen is up. If the phone hasn't been used in ahwile and the screen is black it will just make the sound and no text message window will pop up. I would really like to have this feature back to see who is texting me!

2. rwd hero macrumors 6502

3. leah2412 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that was it. I wonder what's wrong with iBlacklist and why it messes up the text message pop up window? Does anyone know of a similar program that wont affect them? I would like to have something like this because I seem to have a lot of annoying toll free numbers calling me.

4. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I was having the same problem

5. earthmonster macrumors newbie

I could be mistaken, as I don't use iBlacklist any more, but if I remember correctly there is a setting toggle to block the alert popup. If you want iBlacklist I'm sure you can turn the popup blocking off.

6. itiggz macrumors newbie

Actually this was my issue.. I accidentally turned off the sms pop-up! Thx this helped mii figure it out my lil' problem!