text message delay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevoeddz, Sep 2, 2008.

1. stevoeddz macrumors member

when i send a text from my 3g iphone it doesnt always go to the recipient right away. sometimes 5-10 minute delay. and its my iphone cuz this happens with multiple people.

this happen to anyone else?

2. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Yes, but I've definitely had this happen with my Blackjack II as well. It *seems* to happen less often with AT&T --> AT&T texting though.

I'm thinking that the problems are with the network - either on my end or the recipient's end (typically Verizon customers), but I have no way of knowing. The problem is sporadic and I don't believe it's related to the phone. I could be wrong though.

3. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

Yeah that's almost guaranteed a network problem, not a phone problem. I've heard of problems sending texts from ATT to VZW or vice-versa. Might just be something like that.

4. thaevster macrumors newbie

I'm definitely having the same problem again w/ verizon but on the first gen iPhone.

The thing is, my old service from alltel did the same thing but was worse. AT&T is marginally better so far but seems to be getting worse with time...wtf???

Has anyone tried calling verizon customer support about this?

5. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm getting really annoyed with delays that are sometimes 15-20 minutes to Verizon. It's makes for very poor texting conversations sometimes :mad: