Text message different then what I received

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by xxashxx20, May 17, 2013.

1. xxashxx20 macrumors newbie

So the below picture is from my husbands iphone. he sent me the message about getting a job but my phone received a emoticon guy jacking off and the last couple sentences of what he wrote lol... you can kind of see him there on bottom when I sent it back to him to show him what I got . He has a iphone and I have a LG. can someone tell me how the hell I received something completely different then what he sent? and yes I realize I spelled sense wrong.

when I googled it the only thing I found was this old post from a few months back with a similar problem http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1452792 im really curious about the cause of this anyone know anymore about it?

Attached Files:

2. CARRIEOKEY911 macrumors newbie

CARRIEOKEY911

I am so far going to guess it has to do with all the crazy apps and permissions giving them control to edit and or change messages. Maybe its bored sociopaths or aliens or hackers interferring for the hell of it. Maybe its relatives or ancestors who have passed on .
    I know this is an old thread but looks like no one answered or replied.
    If you see this tell me what happened since then ?

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

And, the OP never returned, no posts except that one single post.
    That may suggest that the OP was a simple (and dumb) attempt at trolling.
    And, no one fell for it for more than 3 years - until you! How kewl is that!
    AFAIK, there is no requirement anywhere to respond simply because no one else has responded.
    And, it was going so well. Nearly 3,000 views with no answer, until yours. Must be close to a record :D

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

To be fair there is a larger thread about this kind of thing at http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/different-text-message-sent-compared-to-that-received.1452792/ (which the OP linked as well--not sure why it all simply couldn't be posted there to begin with).