Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venasque

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Hi there,

I recently got an iPhone and I have a friend who lives in another city (she also has an iPhone). We were thinking of playing a casual game together. I was thinking of something turned based, where I make a move, she is informed of it, and then she makes a move. Something that can be done over the course of a day (or more).

Searching for multiplayer games hasn't given me much luck. Most are games where you play a game "live" from start to finish over wi-fi or bluetooth. Not exactly what I am looking for. I was thinking something that maybe emailed or text messaged you. The only thing I have found is "Chess with Friends" which is exactly the concept I'm looking for, but not the game we'd like to play (well she at least).

Has anyone else stumbled across some others like this?

Thanks much

k473

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2009
Just a few I found online:

-If you both have MMS try to think of crazy things & pic message them. Keep some sort of score.
-"If you have picture messaging you can take pictures of things close up and have them guess what it is"

-"Play truth. It might be kind of hard over text messaging, but basically you take turns asking questions. They can be as personal as you want. No matter what, you HAVE to tell the truth. You win when you ask a question the other person doesn't want to answer.

You can make it more interesting by making the person who eventually loses do a dare you two decide at the beginning."

-Hangman
-finish the sentence....
-this or that - i.e. pepsi or coca cola
-would you rather..
-One word at a time stories. You say the first word your friend says the next. It can get pretty interesting.
-the situation game, we make a situation for the other person & the other person would have to say what they would do in that situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.