Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vejper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I recently sold my MacBook Air after signing out from my iCloud account and deleting everything on the computer and reinstalling the os but when I go to settings under ,essages and text message forwarding I see my iPad (as I should) but also a toggle to activate it for my old MacBook aswell.

I never signed out from iMessage on the computer but I did sign out from iCloud in settings and did a fresh install so why am I seing this? Any solution for it?

bertimus2002

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I recently sold my MacBook Air after signing out from my iCloud account and deleting everything on the computer and reinstalling the os but when I go to settings under ,essages and text message forwarding I see my iPad (as I should) but also a toggle to activate it for my old MacBook aswell.

I never signed out from iMessage on the computer but I did sign out from iCloud in settings and did a fresh install so why am I seing this? Any solution for it?

I've had my phone replaced often within the past 2 weeks as well as my wife's. My text message forwarding screen is full of devices I don't have anymore. I haven't found a way to clear them off yet.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I've had my phone replaced often within the past 2 weeks as well as my wife's. My text message forwarding screen is full of devices I don't have anymore. I haven't found a way to clear them off yet.

You need to retrieve the old devices and smash them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.