Text message from AT&T 5S Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Titleist, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Titleist macrumors regular

Titleist

I've been watching the forums for awhile. Had a quick question for you guys. I placed an order through apple.com for a 5S on the 20th. I haven't seen much movement on my order. Order still says "Processing". I received a text message from AT&T today that read -

"AT&T Free Msg: Thank you for your recent iPhone upgrade! Before your order arrives, visit www.att.com/upgradesupport for important info about activating your iPhone."

Curious to know if anyone else has got one of these. Like I mentioned above, 5S was ordered on apple.com and text message from AT&T. Does this mean it's "actually" about to be shipped?

2. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

Yes I got two texts like that...another telling me to protect my phone within 30 days. Lets see if I get it within 30 days :(
    No it has nothing to do with shipping, it just shows on ATT site that you used your upgrade, hence the spam texts.

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

These messages have no meaning what so ever as to the status of your phone. What they mean is that ATT has a programmed marketing plan that is set up to spam you to but more of it products and services.