Text message/iMessage pictures not loading?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HoopsBlazing91, Jul 12, 2017.

1. HoopsBlazing91 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I messed up my phone and had to a restore from a backup today. It's a 7 plus so I never backed it up on my computer...only on iCloud. Went ahead and did that and all my pictures, messages, apps, etc. are there. But the pictures in my messages don't seem to be loading. They are all gray boxes. When I go to my messages and press the little i button in the right hand corner to see all the images, nothing loads. Some rare pictures load here and there but I think it's because those are ones I already saved to my phone (maybe)? However, when I go in the message thread and keep scrolling up and click on a picture, it says Restoring and has the little spin wheel thing, so maybe they're all still loading? When I press the home button and go to the home screen the little loading wheel thing is still going next to the Wi-Fi signal, so would they still be loading?

The pictures I failed to save to my phone, are they gone for good now? Because that would suck, there were still a lot I needed to save and didn't get around to doing.

Any suggestions?

2. HoopsBlazing91 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I left the phone unlocked for the night hoping they would all load and some more did but not all of them, not even close. Any idea if it just stopped or will continue to just gradually load? Or is this something I can contact Apple Support about?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    When I keep scrolling up through a message history with a person, the pictures aren't there, but when I click on them they say restoring.....maybe they're still being recovered? I just would've thought it would be done almost 20 hours later.