Text message plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roosterfosho, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Roosterfosho macrumors member

I just switched to at&t and got the new iphone, but i just realized we have unlimited text, but i didn't but the IPHONE texting plan at all. Am I covered by the unlimited text that was already in place? If not I may be screwed...

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

You can check your wireless account online to make sure that it has carried over. I've heard of them not transferring old text plans to new iPhone accounts without being specifically told but that's only in a few cases. I would definitely check just to be sure.

If the plan didn't transfer, you'll definitely (100% positive here) be able to talk your way out of the overages. AT&T has always been very understanding in instances like this. At least for me.

3. Roosterfosho thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure if I explained it well enough. My dad and I had Verizon, but I got my number transferred over to my mom/sisters account on AT&T, they had the unlimited texting plans 30 bucks a month or whatever it is, but will that cover my NEW iphone and all the texts it sends/receives. I was unsure because on the Cingular website when I would ring it up to see the overall price it would always ask if I wanted to add an Iphone particular plan.

4. Roosterfosho thread starter macrumors member

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

It should. You got the unlimited family texting plan, right? I can't see why it exclude you, since you joined their family plan.

7. Roosterfosho thread starter macrumors member

I just thought it did because I still had the option to add the iphone texting plan, sorry about the bump I was a bit worried I've used 500+ texts.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

They're probably hoping you'll be ignorant enough to add another texting plan on. Then, when/if you realize that they were double-charging you 6 months later, they'll act all innocent and apologize.