Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I'm hoping someone here can help with me with some text message issues.

I was in a meeting all afternoon yesterday. When it was over, I was a bit surprised to see that I didn't have any text/imessages. I figured it was just a slow afternoon. I sent and received a few messages last evening - no problem.

At about 930 my phone blew up. There were literally 130 messages that came through time stamped from 1:30pm through 9pm. I hadn't changed any of the settings on my phone. But it was literally like when you turn on service after a flight and get hit with a barrage of messages.

I powered my phone on and off. I immediately got hit with 97 texts from 'Unknown' that just said 'Message Not Found.'

If I turn my phone on and off - it'll get the same 97 texts. I went through AT&T tech support who verified my carrier settings (latest) and iOS settings (latest) then had me do a soft reboot. 97 messages came through again.

Today I'm concerned that I'm not getting work related messages that I should...and am going to be hit with another barrage of backed up messages tonight.

Has anybody experienced this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So these were actual text messages (through the carrier) or iMessages (or both)?

mantan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
lockscreen screenshot.jpg
not found screenshot.jpg
So these were actual text messages (through the carrier) or iMessages (or both)?

After the first time gap there was a flurry of real messages that came through.

Since then it's just been batches of empty messages when I reboot. I since there hasn't been anything obviously missed from work - I think it's like a cache of the messages that got backlogged - but since I deleted them they aren't matching up so it's saying 'message not found'

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.