Text Message snooping

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tony2355, Oct 16, 2013.

1. tony2355 macrumors newbie

I am curious as to how someone can look at your iphone 5 running ios7 and know that you have deleted 2 messages in a conversation . This has happened to me twice !! But for the life of me I can't figure out how they know

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe they're snooping to your imessages and use the same apple id so they receive all imessage conversations you have on your phone to theirs.

3. tony2355 thread starter macrumors newbie

No , that's not it . They were just looking at my phone , and the texts that were deleted were from an Android phone , so it was a text , not imessage

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure then, maybe don't let them look through your texts. But there seems to be other issues here that I wish you the best of luck with.
    Trust is easy to lose and hard to earn back.

5. fraktur macrumors member

Is the person looking at your phone and pointing out the missing texts the same person who you are having the conversation with? (had to ask)

Otherwise I dont see how its possible, just deleted some old SMS messages and I dont see anything that would give it away.

6. tony2355 thread starter macrumors newbie

No , it is a different person .

And there is no devious plan or affair or cheating going on . I would just like to know how they did it . I have a few buddies that can use some colorful language in their texts , and once in awhile pass along a joke that some people ( including my wife ) might find offensive . So after I read it , I delete it !

7. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

only thing i can think of is that they are searching certain words through spotlight. results will show up even if you deleted the message.

8. RMferrer macrumors member

+1000

This is how it's done. Even if the text has been deleted if I put something as simple as "Hi" it'll show EVERY single text that has had the word "Hi" in it. No matter in what context it was used. That goes goes for email, music titles, etc..

For example I'll search for the word love. It shows texts from the wife, a text from a friend saying how he "loved" something, a song title in my music that has love in it, etc..