Text messages disappeared!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ess0616, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ess0616 macrumors newbie

I was texting with my friend, and when I went to go read her text message, the iPhone crashed into safe mode!

When I went to look at the text message, they were completely gone. I tried looking for them in iFile. I went to the 'SMS' folder only to see a new 'sms.db' created only 40kb. My old 'sms.db' should have been around 10-12MB.

Of course, I did backup around three days ago, but I had some real important texts in the past three days.

Anyway I can recover or maybe they're stored somewhere in the phone under a different file name?

What could have caused this to crash? I did have a LOT of text messages; around 60,000 or more.

I'm going to go ahead and recover the text messages in the iTunes backup otherwise, when I sync, I'll lose my text messages PERIOD.

What's weird is that I still have the picture messages sent to me in the 'SMS/Parts' folder...

Anyone help me out?

2. ess0616 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. eaullas macrumors newbie

Hi

Same thing just happened to me..

Did you find any way to recover "properly" without loosing sms received in the meantime ?

Thanks

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

eaullas, thank you for searching. You are a gentleman and a scholar.