Text Messages from 1 (111)302-000

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Educ8r, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Educ8r macrumors 6502a

Educ8r

Within the past 3 days I have gotten 14 text messages from this number. The messages contains numbers and upper and lower case letters. This is extremely annoying. Has anyone else received these or know what this is?

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

OH MY GOD ITS STEVE! AND HE'S SENDING YOU CODES!:eek:

3. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

I also got a text message the other day from a weird number that didnt make sense.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, its not! Its obiviously aliens trying to make contact.:eek:

5. Educ8r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Educ8r

Why waste a post with foolishness?

6. spicoli macrumors member

Might be a spammer looking for confirmation that you are receiving the messages...then the floodgates open.

I would check with AT&T to see if you can block text messages from certain numbers.

7. Educ8r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Educ8r

Thanks!

8. TIMBACK macrumors member

TIMBACK

I received the same message, called at@t they said nothing they can do about it, they seem to think someone is playing a joke on me..... I cant believe more people are not complaining about this, 2 of my friends are getting the same text..:confused:

9. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Text Messages

Question: Have any of you signed up for sports updates, like scores and such ?

10. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I checked sometime last year, and they said there was *no* way they could do this. I find it interesting because now on phone plans geared for kids, parents can create a list of blocked numbers that. WTF?

11. Juvenile macrumors member

I get a text from At&t that doesn't make any sense whenever I put the iphone sim card in the Blackjack for laptop tethering. Probably unrelated.

12. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

you can't block individual numbers from texting with AT&T. the only thing they can do is totally block texting unfortunately. not sure if other providers work differently.

13. billywhitelegs macrumors newbie

I think what's going on is Warren Buffet bought a lot of AT&T stock and he figured if he sits around and SPAMs everyone with text messages it will drive up your phone bill and make him more money!

14. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I was going to suggest that you Google the number. I've done this in the past to find out if the call was legit or not. In my case I was getting messages on my home phone saying "This is not a sales call, but it is very important you call us". According to the posts I read on Google it was some sort of scam, so I never called back. Unfortunately when I plugged the text you got into Goggle the only hit I got was a link to this post.

15. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Will AT&T credit the text so they wont count against you? I mean they can tell where they are coming from, right?

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It could be someone on Skype since the area code looks fake but there are websites where you can buy fake numbers.

17. cantuchristoph macrumors newbie

I had the same problem until I removed my .mac email account from the phone. I read somewhere that a form of push mail notifies the mobile device to check for mail by sending sms messages, so i tried and it worked.

18. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Don't you have a sense of humor?:confused: No offense.

19. TIMBACK macrumors member

TIMBACK

I am still getting this weird text 2-3 times a day.. very frustrating:confused::confused:

20. scpilot macrumors newbie

1 (111)302-000

After reading alot abouth this, I finally called AT&T and they were able to find that it is a MediaNet Info Alert. They then Opt'd me out of that to stop the text messages. They say it can take up to 48hrs for this to stop, but promised it will. It took them a while to find the root cause, but if you give them the number and tell them it is a medianet info alert, they can opt you out.:)

21. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I was getting spam texts on my T-mobile phone, and I called them about it. They sent me to my online account where you have an email address usually your mobile #@t-mobile.com in the email account you can set up spam controls similar to a regualr email account, this stopped the messages. You might want to ask AT&T about something similar. The thing that was so annoying about mine was that they were coming in at 2AM, and because I use my phone as my alarm it woke me up all the time.

22. Pookieinc macrumors member

Did you go to an Apple store and accidentally input your number and save it? Because then the number could be saved and maybe someone is texting you from there?

23. iansilv macrumors 65816

Because it's funny?

24. RoboHaXX macrumors newbie

I think the Blackberry Connect server uses this method, perhaps even the Exchange push email does, too.

25. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

do you use AIM? i believe those messages are coming from there. if you have an AIM account, you can set up message forwarding to your cell phone for whenever you are not connected via AIM. perhaps some spammers are IMing you these messages and they are going to your phone instead.