Text messages not going through

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by henrymls, Oct 4, 2018.

1. henrymls macrumors member

henrymls

I have an iPhone XS max and had the iPhone X before this and have been having difficulties in having text messages go through to non apple numbers. This happens randomly, but is very annoying. Called Verizon about it and they suggested taking all other emails of my Apple ID(that's being used by the phone to send messages) except one, which I did about 6 months ago. The problem seemed to go away but has been resurfacing where the messages to non apple numbers fails to send. One of the fixes I use is to call a non apple number and then the text messages go through again. This also has no reached its limits in its effectiveness. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

3. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I had that same issue with Verizon, and it seemed to happen when I connected to a specific cell tower. Sometimes turning on airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off after a few seconds would fix it. I think it would force a new cell tower connection.

4. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

Just installed the public beta, so far so good on sending green texts. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

5. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

Does not seem as of yet that there is a permanent solution to this problem. Hope somewhere somehow this get sorted out without all the other quick "fixes"

6. tromboneaholic, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I unplugged my HomePods and plugged them in again, and last night I did not have them dropping out during commercials. Hopefully the behavior sticks.

I know my problem is different from yours, but I've never had an issue with them not wanting to be a stereo pair, so I suggest you try rebooting them and resetting them by removing them from your "Home" setup and then adding them again.

Unless you have some problems with WiFi, like poor signal or interference from neighbors, I think a reboot, reset would resolve it. If it doesn't, I'd look at the positioning of your Wifi and look at how many other networks are on the same channel as you. Even baby monitors can screw up the 2.4Ghz spectrum.

It seems like the loss of pairing could be caused by intermittent connectivity issues.

If you can set up a 5Ghz network and connect to it from your phone, select the 2.4Ghz network and tell your phone to "forget this network." That will force the HomePod to forget it as well and connect to the less-crowded 5Ghz network.