Text messages sometimes don't go through past 12am.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 99MustangGTman, Mar 22, 2010.

1. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I've texted a few people around 1-2am and i'm not sure if they got them. I texted one friend of mine the next day and she said she never got anything. I've texted other people around this time and never get a text back, but if I text them any other time of the day I always get a reply. Has anyone ever had this problem with their phone?

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I've never had this problem. It's probably just the service in your area. Maybe a lot of people are sending texts around that time and are clogging up the network

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Such issue cannot possibly exist without widespread consumer complaints.

So I believe this to be an isolated issue with your phone or maybe even user error.

4. schwell macrumors regular

Or maybe the parents have placed some sort of parental controls on the phone/user. For example, I think AT&T has something called Smart limits where you can block texts or service during certain days and/or times of day.

5. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

I pay the bill and its under my name. I guess its just the area I live in (OSU campus, 2nd largest in country) so I can that makes sense.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe give at&t a call and see if they can look into it.

7. Lou E. Ville macrumors member

Happens to me quite often in the 1-1:20 a.m. time frame. Never really thought about it too much though.

8. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I texted this girl from class that I was having a party at my house soon and invited her, but now I don't know if it sent or not and I don't want to look like a jackass and send the same text again if she already got it, but is just ignoring me.