Text Messaging Costs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lyssa13, Jun 24, 2008.

1. lyssa13 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone~

This may be a stupid question, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway! Does anyone know if text messaging will be included in the $30 data plan? Or will there be a fee for unlimited text messages on top of the $30?

Thanks so much!

~Alyssa

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

3. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Unlimited text included? Definitely not! There will most likely be no texts included with the 30 dollars, although no details have been released, no other smartphone gets texts with the 30 dollar unlimited data plan.

ATT charges the following for texts
    200 for $4.99
    1500 for 14.99
    Unlimited for 19.99

I believe.

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think there are not going to be any text messages included in the $30. The text options start at $5 (200 messages) and go up from there.

5. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

In terms of AT&T plans for the iPhone 3G, the only thing that has been officially announced was the $30/month data plan. Anything else has a certain possibility (txt messages included with the package) until AT&T says otherwise. Everything that has been discussed on this board has been based on educated guesses.

Instead of anticipating AT&T making a surprise announcement that the iPhone 3g will indeed come with some number of txt messaging, I'm planning on just paying 30 bucks extra a month for the unlimited txt messaging family plan.

6. mongoose33 macrumors newbie

Family Plan Text Messages?

I'm teetering on buying an iphone but won't use email and internet on it. I have a family plan with unlimited texts (which I do use) if I called and canceled my data plan the next day after buying the iphone would I still get my unlimited texts that came with my family plan?

one other question. If I get an older iphone could I stick my lg shine sim card in there and have it work? Could they detect that I changed phones and charge me the data plan?

Thanks,