Text Messaging Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SubZeroZ06, Sep 8, 2008.

1. SubZeroZ06 macrumors newbie

Earlier today my texting worked just fine. I didn't connect to a computer or sync or anything.

Well now, I can only respond to people who text me. The "Messages" button in the top left and "Clear" in the top right are not responsive whatsoever. So I can only check one person's text messages, and then cannot clear them or go back to the list of people texting me.

I CAN press "Call" and the phone will call that person, or "Contact Info" to bring up their contact information. If I do that, then it won't let me go back to the text message conversation, either.

I was on 2.0.1 and it was jailbroken using QuickPwn or whatever. I did a restore and updated it to 2.0.2 and it's no longer jailbroken, etc, and the problem still exists. Also, all of my apps were crashing immediately, both on jailbroken software and freshly updated and restored software. WTF????

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!:confused::confused:

2. SubZeroZ06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also...I put it into DFU mode and tried a restore and reloaded the firmware from there. It still acts the same way. :(

3. rova1969 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue

I have the same issue and my only thought is that you can get back to specific messages from a phone user if you select the user name from contacts and go to text messages.
    I hope someone in this forum has seen the issue and comes up with a solution...