Text messaging ringtone not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xSeanZx, Jul 13, 2008.

1. xSeanZx macrumors member

For some reason, when I get text messages on my phone now, even though I have the vibrate switch up, and the ringer on full volume, my phone is only vibrating when a text comes through.

I reset my phone, and it worked liked 1-2 times, but then stopped again.

Anyone else having this problem? Fixes?

2. jjsun macrumors member

I had this problem too. I turned my phone off, left it off for a couple minutes, and restarted it.

It did the trick for now and I haven't had a re-occurrence.

3. mynameisrichard macrumors member

I know this sounds real dumb but are you sure you didn't tap the none function for sounds when you were trying to fix the tones?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just tested mine and it works fine. Upgraded to 2.0 on Friday. I did have to go back in and reset the sound for my text messages as the upgrade didn't keep the setting. Try that and see if that fixes the problem.

5. xSeanZx thread starter macrumors member

I have checked like 3 times and everything is fine. I will try restarting and leaving it off for a little while.

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Sometimes, leaving the phone on the screen with the conversation of the sms then locking the phone makes it not make any sound when receiving a message.

7. enduro8 macrumors newbie

same problem

I am having the same problem, except i have rebooted multiple times. it works for another day or so and the the ringtone for the text stops working again (regular phone rings fine). This is really retarded. i hope they fix this problem soon.

8. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Mine's not working either. Neither are email sent/received notifications, keyboard clicks, voicemail alert, etc. I did a full restore, and they still don't work. It's becoming a major inconvenience not knowing when someone is texting me. :mad:

9. junyea macrumors newbie

glad i found that other's are having the same problem.

As i read the the posts, i realized that the times that the ringtone does not work is when I do lock the phone while on the conversation. I will make sure I go to the homesreen before locking the phone...

Has anyone found a fix yet??? :confused: