Text Msg went out last night...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Feb 25, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

and didn't even notice it, until this morning. Had to call 611 (then 800-331-0500 since the problem was with my iPhone I had to call on my landline) and have them walk me through it. They had me turn the iPhone off, take out the battery (applies only to non-iPhones), and take out the SIM card; then put everything back and turn the iPhone back on. They told me to hold on while they did some updating on their end, and then I received a text message from them, telling me "do not respond" and everything seems OK. My son hasn't followed the procedures yet, since he is in the field and unable to take my call. It was weird because "all" four phones were unable to send/receive text messages since last night. Anyway, anyone else going through the same? :confused:

2. timmypv15 macrumors regular

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Even if I was on CRACK...

I think you are missing the point TIMMY; this UPDATE procedure applied to a Blackberry, a Motorola KRZR, and (2) iPhones, so I most certainly didn't take out MY battery! :D

4. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

hello, today my iphone had some issues with txt messages, i just turned it off and on again, it works perfectly again. just a little hiccup i guess

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, that's normally...

what I would do as well, but for some reason it didn't work this time around. Not sure what the UPDATE thing was about, but they definitely wanted me to take the SIM cards out of all four phones. First time I've ever had to go that far for an update! :cool: