Text notification issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mario-64, Feb 6, 2018.

1. mario-64 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct forum for this question. Prior to purchasing my Apple Watch S3, my iPhone connected via Bluetooth to my car’s infotainment system. If I received a text while driving it would show on my car’s touchscreen display and even offer to ‘read’ it to me. A very nice feature. Problem is, once I got my Apple Watch this stopped working. Now, I simply get a notification on my watch. Is there some setting I can change so text notifications would go to both my watch and car?

Thanks,
    Mario

2. TheQuest89 macrumors member

TheQuest89

You can swipe up on you apple watch to reveal the control center and have it stop receiving notifications on your apple watch every-time you get in your car.

"either silent mode", "do not disturb" or "airplane mode".

[​IMG]

3. mario-64 thread starter macrumors regular

Great thank you. So no way to get both simultaneously? Setting the Watch to DND would force the iPhone to route texts to the car?

4. TheQuest89 macrumors member

TheQuest89

honestly I'm not sure (just assuming and brainstorming) this probably has to do with the Bluetooth hand-off with your iphone and your infotainment system. I i suggest you play around with settings on your iphone and your infotainment system to get it to send notifications to both your info-sys and apple watch.

good luck.

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I haven’t had that problem on my previous bmw or current Merc. Messages come up on the cars info screen first.

6. mario-64 thread starter macrumors regular

Found the problem. For some reason, when I paired the Apple Watch it disabled ‘Show Notifications’ for the car’s Bluetooth connection. I re-enabled it and now get text notifications on both devices

7. TheQuest89 macrumors member

TheQuest89

Good to hear, all you gotta do is play around with certain settings and question why it doesn't work they way you want it too.