Text notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by cynics, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cynics macrumors G4

Jan 8, 2012
    I don't know if this is a bug everyone is experiencing or just me so I thought I'd ask. Maybe someone else can try this out for me. Btw I couldn't search because I'm on tapatalk.

When I get a notification in my lock screen I used to be able to swipe it and it would take me directly to that thread/message.

Now it take me to wherever I left off in messaging. So for example if I'm texting Rob and then lock my phone and Steve text me and I swipe Steve's text it will take me to Robs conversation. The same exact thing happens in the notification at the top or if I pull down the notification center and click a text.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I reset my phone and it fixed it for about 5 text messages then started again.

It's easy to replicate, just open messages and look at a conversation with someone you know won't text you then back out of messaging. For me there is no way to get to a new message from a different sender outside of the messaging app.

Thanks for any help.
  2. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2011
    I do recall that this happened to me once the odd time, but it brings me to the right conversation. Maybe it's a glitch? I don't know what else it could be
  3. xraydoc macrumors 604

Oct 9, 2005
    This is not the case for me.
    If I swipe the new message notification, it takes me to the new message.
    If I swipe the "slide to unlock" it takes me to wherever I left off (including in a different message thread).

To go right to the newly received message, swipe the new message notification box, not the 'slide to unlock' box.
  4. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Jan 8, 2012
    This is what I'm doing. Unfortunately I can't take a screen shot of it happening. I'm hanging out with one of my buddies and he has a 4 but his is perfect. Mine goes to the wrong conversation about 9 out of 10 times. It's very irritating because I loved that feature.

I can't say for certain but I think it worked on iOS 6 before I did a restore from new this past Sunday. But I can't say for certain but I definitely noticed it pretty quickly (obviously).

Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably bump this a couple times to see if I'm alone on this.
  5. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Sep 16, 2012
    Sounds weird... Might not help but try rebooting your phone. I had a random problem that was fixed with a reboot.
  6. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Jan 8, 2012
    I did. It fixes it but only for a couple messages.

Obviously this isn't a wide spread issue. Oh well I can deal with it. I'll post back if I find a solution for future searches.
  7. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Jan 8, 2012
    So far I find its just group messages. A single text will open the correct conversations but a text from a group will open the message app where I left it.....