Text Recognition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CueTrackerRon, Sep 16, 2011.

1. CueTrackerRon, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post (if not, I'm sorry), but I have a good few fairly low-res scans of old magazines, which I need to extract text from. I'm having some trouble finding a program for this, I would probably need a fairly exact one, as the scans are low-res and I can't get higher. Could any of you please point me in the reight direction?

Kind regards

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Check Out The Mac App Store

ABBYY FineReader, OCR, Exactscan Pro, OCR Pro and a couple of others to choose from.

I've used OCR pro with good results, but can't vouch for the others as i have not used item...Bound to be one that will work for you

3. CueTrackerRon thread starter Guest

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No problem

Thanks for the thanks:)

5. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Prizmo is particularly good if you are scanning skewed images, as often happens with books and mags. It does OCR and deskew.

You could also try Evernote; just import them and it will OCR them. Does a passable job. Or convert to a format Google Docs can read; it can do it too as I recall. An advantage is, of course, that these are free.

Rob