Text replacement

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by rijc99, Nov 18, 2015.

1. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Is there any way to delete unwanted entries? This issue has been around for years and beta 4 doesn't seem to have fixed it.

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Tap edit then a delete button
    Or swipe left over a row and tap delete

Or is this not working for you? If so it's not clear what your issue is exactly

3. rijc99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rijc99

They show back up on all my devices. I've tried deleting on all devices at the same time, resetting, restore as new... etc. They always show back up.

4. rijc99, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

rijc99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Here's what I get on my iPad. Similar entries on iPhone and iPod.

Worse thing is I have some emails as quick entries but have since changed. I went to delete the old one and entered a new one. The old one came back and now I have multiple entries with the same shortcut.

Oh... and a joke entry a friend put in that can't be deleted.

Attached Files:

5. !!! macrumors 6502

!!!

I have the same issue. It even won't save new ones. I just live with it, on my iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. Apparently you can fix it by erasing and starting as new, but I don't want to loose my data. There is a long Apple Discussions thread on this.

6. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Mine don't sync. On some iOS versions. On some, it does and deleted ones crawl back to life. Apple can't get this one right.

7. rijc99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rijc99

I set up my iPod touch 6g as new and they all came back. So it's not a reliable fix. Might not be a fix at all. Don't do it.

I was hoping 9.2 would've fixed this. I've had this issue for a few years now.

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

You could try resetting keyboard settings but you've already tried resetting all settings so sorry

9. rijc99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rijc99

10. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I read this so the credit if it works does not go to me. Edit each of your shortcut entries with some letters like cccabcd in place of just ccc. Let this sit for a few days until it's copied to all of your devices. Once it has delete each entry and again give it a few days to propagate. Do all of this on just one device and wait until the updates make it to your other devices.

11. rijc99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.