Text/ring tones keep jumping to max on their own!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nameless user, Jul 20, 2015.

1. nameless user macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 6 running 8.3, and out of the blue, with no changes to anything made by be, my ringtone and text tones started randomly setting themselves to MAX volume regardless of where I have the volume set. They will play loud as hell... and I'll immediately check the level using the left side buttons and it still shows the volume bar set to very quiet, which I prefer. Same when I go check the volume in the settings... it shows the same. The only fix seems to be rebooting the phone, and it will act normal for an indefinite amount of time but out of nowhere it will start playing loud again, until I once again reboot. It's getting really frustrating because I have NO idea why this started happening... I've made literally no changes to the phone before it started doing this. Anyone have any insight?
    Thanks
    -Greg

2. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 65816

Cutiekitty92

This happened with me but then I realised it was because I was listening to music near max volume and forgot to turn it back down after stopping my music

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's pretty much this. The same thing happened to me. Start playing music on your phone and see where the volume is at, then adjust accordingly.