Text Ringer Silent Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agpatel, Dec 4, 2011.

1. agpatel macrumors member

I am new to the iPhone 4s and have a questions about how to silent a text ringtone when you receive multiple messages at once. Case would be if i receive one that is more characters than the 160 and gets split. I know if i receive just one i can click a button on the phone or swipe to silence it but it seems like if i receive 2-3 at the same time it will silence it then start up right as the next ones come and i am unable to silence that notification.

I like to have a longer text ringtone, 20 sec, so i can be woken up by them or hear them better than a single tone in noisy places. Is there a way to do this or am I just out of luck.

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Use mute-button above the volume buttons to silence it.

To get text tones that last for around 20seconds, i have no idea if it can be done without jailbreak.

What you can do though is make the phone alert you several times for a text message (up to 10times(!)) repeated.
    You can find this in settings->notifications->messages then choose repeat alert and choose how many times you want it to repeat. That should do it for you.