Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
My dad just asked me how to make all the text appear bigger his iMac and without thinking I sent him to the Accessibility options in Sys Pref but there was nothing to be found. To me it seemed common sense since the iPhone has a system-wide text size option but I can't find a similar thing for Yosemite.

Any advice? I know I can make things like finder text bigger but that doesn't help when say, composing an email, or browsing the web (let's mark manually zooming in and out as a poor solution also).

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
You can use the Accessibility->Zoom feature to make things appear larger.
Default settings can quickly make you dizzy though, as the display moves around, following the mouse.
Clicking the Options button brings up a dialog that lets you set min and max zoom, and also set it so the screen image moves only when the mouse pointer reaches an edge. That's a far less vertiginous option.

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
27inch iMac and a resolution change isn't a suitable solution I feel.

The zoom feature is useful but again not ideal - I don't understand why there isn't a text size option like on iDevices, the mind baffles.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.