Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roggeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
When receiving a text, the sound to notify me doesn't work. I have iOS 7.
I have tried changing the sound, turning phone of and on again, unabling blue tooth. :( Any thoughts? Thank you!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
When receiving a text, the sound to notify me doesn't work. I have iOS 7.
I have tried changing the sound, turning phone of and on again, unabling blue tooth. :( Any thoughts? Thank you!

Do you have do not disturb turned on? (Is there a crescent moon near the battery indicator on the status bar?). Do you have the side switch switched to mute? (Do you see orange?)

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Does this happen only when you are getting text messages or it happens every time you get a notification from any app ?

roggeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
text sound

Yes, I had the do not disturb on. How did that happen? It had not been on before! Thanks Tyler23! :)

----------

Do you have do not disturb turned on? (Is there a crescent moon near the battery indicator on the status bar?). Do you have the side switch switched to mute? (Do you see orange?)

Yes, I had the do not disturb on. How did that happen? It had not been on before! Thanks Tyler23! :)

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

----------

its in the control center, maybe have accidentally pressed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.