Text to podcast?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by eclipse, Apr 14, 2009.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    just wondering if there are any new ways of simply dragging a text file into some software and having that convert it into a podcast I can read? Odiogo.com does it for blogger, but I don't want to have to paste all my text-to-podcast into a blog podcast thing which might be listened to by the world. Any ideas?

2. deej999 macrumors regular

Hi eclipse,

"dragging a text file into some software and having that convert it into a podcast I can read?"

Do you mean "listen to"?

Then copy and paste the text into a text edit file, and select all text, go : Text Edit > Services > Speech > Start Speak text

You can use Audio Hijack Pro or Wire tap studio to record the speech to an audio file. Then take that audio into your podcast app.

deej

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Is there a way to have it speak from text edit into a podcast in Garageband?

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm not in front of my mac atm, but I know there is a thing in automator that takes a text file and will output an audio file for you, read out in the voice you want.

I remember using it to try and memorise my essay back in high school, by listening to it on my iPod while I was sleeping, on repeat.