text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ankushpatel, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ankushpatel macrumors regular

Hey Im just wondering, I want to use my phone in England for vacation i dont want anything but texts. I dont need anything on my phone other then text messaging to the U.S.A. Will i just be charged for the international text rates for texting or will i also be charged roaming charges plus texting, plus other fees?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

FEES FEES FEES

Whatever they can charge you with they will. Why don't you call AT&T and ask? We're not here to do your research for you.

3. Miker2k macrumors regular

I called once when my son was going on a cruise to Mexico. I don't remember the details but the end result was the cell phone being locked in the in-room safe until he got firmly back to the states. You can add an international plan but I think you'll get smoked. Maybe use gmails built in SMS solution while you're away?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have an idea but I'm not 100% sure if it will work

Create a Yahoo! IM, it allows you to send SMS to cellular numbers here in US. Get Beejive, when you create a chat, enter 1 then area code then the local number. You can use Beejive on Wifi, the only thing I'm concerned is if it can send the SMS chat if you're not presently at US. You can ask the Beejive devs for that.