Textedit issue when trying to install new jb themes.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by c.james, Jul 15, 2011.

1. c.james macrumors newbie

Really need some help here..

Just jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday, everything runs smoothly and correctly but I'm having a ton of trouble with adding themes. Anything I've downloaded so far, I've tried to open the lockbackground.html files with textedit and all I'm getting is a black background with a white document icon in the upper lefthand corner. I've highlighted, etc.. there's no text there and I've tried this with multiple .html files.

I've used ssh and imported the themes and they come up in Winterboard, but when I activate them, they aren't working. I'm either getting just the time/date, etc.. and no image or it's reverting to my old wallpaper with no time (disabled it with clock hide).

Any help? I'm frustrated as hell here and can't seem to figure this out. Thanks!

2. iLoyal macrumors regular

When I am on my MAC, I open it with Dashcode and when I am on my window, I open the html file after I ssh it into my phone.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Try opening .HTML, .wad, and .js with the app text wrangler.

4. c.james thread starter macrumors newbie

5. c.james thread starter macrumors newbie

Also... another quick question if anyone can help...

I downloaded a LS theme (this one is LS Nimbus).. I went into /root/library/themes in cyberduck and dropped the folder in there, it copied and it appears in Winterboard but when I try to activate it, all I get is a black background with the time, date, etc.. the background picture isn't coming up even though the .png file is in there.

Any idea why this is happening?

6. iLoyal macrumors regular

It depends on what kind of theme you trying to use; some requires more than just winterboard.

7. c.james thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to install a few that were posted on Macthemes but most didn't work. Maybe that's why. I would download them and then ssh the folder into /library/themes and it'd upload and show up in Winterboard but when I'd select it, nothing would look right. The background would be black, the font would look crappy, things would be overlapping, etc.. I just have no idea how to alter that stuff yet.

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Welcome!