textedit spelling helpers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DoFoT9, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hey its probably already been said before, but i just remembered a way of spelling long words in textedit (i have to spell skrzynecki in a speech like a bazillion times). anyway, just type the 1st and 2nd letter on the sentance, and the ESC. this menu thing will popup and u can scroll down with the keypad to choose it.

hope it helps

DoFoT9

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

might i offer an even more robust and easier suggestion that you might really like. TextExpander. It allows you to format any text and pictures you frequently use and then set triggers. For example, perhaps you type skrzynecki over and over you could make that appear perfectly formatted by setting a trigger such as skr or whatever. It is really much much more powrful than I am describing so check it out. While not free, it has a 30 day trial and I will admit I am a pretty decent bit over 30 days and it still works perfectly. It honestly saves me more time than I can even begin to believe I spent typing the same thing over and over.

3. DoFoT9 thread starter macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow thats a pretty interesting program. i shall have to check that out!!!

there are *secret* ways to get around trial softwares :p. not really... more of a hassle.

just installed the program then. its really quite good. after this assignment i wont have to use it again (skryznecki) again!!! yay