Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MumpitzMatze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Hi and hello dear MacRumors people!

I am desperetaly seeking a texteditor which suggests word completions while typing based on the words in the document I am writing in.

I have got a file of 500+ pages and I want to compare the just now written words with existing words, aka if there is no suggestion I can be sure, that I haven't written anything about that before.

Any app, that can provide such a feature?

Best regards from Germany, Matze

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Hi and hello dear MacRumors people!

I am desperetaly seeking a texteditor which suggests word completions while typing based on the words in the document I am writing in.

I have got a file of 500+ pages and I want to compare the just now written words with existing words, aka if there is no suggestion I can be sure, that I haven't written anything about that before.

Any app, that can provide such a feature?

Best regards from Germany, Matze

I know Notepad++ on Windows does this and I think (emphasis on think) that BBEdit does this on the Mac. Read through the features to confirm though. Just tried their free version (Textwrangler) and had no luck.

MumpitzMatze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I know Notepad++ on Windows does this and I think (emphasis on think) that BBEdit does this on the Mac. Read through the features to confirm though. Just tried their free version (Textwrangler) and had no luck.

Thanks saberahul, I've downloaded BBEdit, but can not figure out, how to activate text completion. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.