Texter needed: side slide keyboard, etc

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kinkster, Aug 27, 2010.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Little sis wanting to hop on Go Phone with a decent texting phone. Looking for around $100 new or used on ebay/amazon/whatever.

It needs:
    Horizontally sliding out keyboard
    Decent camera
    Slim. Slimmer than my 3G she says haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

In that price range you're gonna be hard pressed... but here's a couple options.

My wife has an LG Neon - its a GoPhone and can be had at Walmart for under $100 new. But hers is psycho and likes to restart itself for no reason. BUT... it has better reception than any AT&T phone we've ever owned; it's the only one we've ever been able to reliable use inside our house.

I have the Samsung Impression - really happy with it. Bigger than the LG and lots more features; it was the nicest one I could find that did NOT have to have data (we have no 3G at all here, and Edge just sucks - I'm sure not paying for that!). My only real complaint is it scratches way too easily. You can find it used on eBay for $150 or so if you look. I think I paid $49 with contract for a new one.

My two cents... :)

3. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice!
    The Samsung Impression seem like it may be a bit big in the pocket for her though, so I think I'll tell her save up a little more.

Anyone have ideas for that in the $100-180 or so range?